Monday, July 28, 2008

Women's Small Group


God had been prompting me to start a Women's Small Group for the ladies on the Communitas team for quite sometime. I was trying to avoid it. I had a long list of reasons why I shouldn't. I'm not a leader. I've never led a group before. The Pastor and his wife will eventually start small groups. It's not my place to. I'm moving soon. I don't have a home to offer to host it. And the list goes on.

Finally, about one month ago, I gave in and listened. I spoke to a few ladies that I thought might be interested in doing it with me. I suggested a few ideas that I thought would be interesting and doable. They were open to what ever I choose. I asked for suggestions on where to meet. I asked Superstar if she would do the actually leading of the group gatherings. And we were off! We kind of had a bit of confusion in the first week but we ended up having 2 different small groups form. This allowed women to have an option as to what day/time worked best for their schedule. I think this worked out great for everyone that wanted to do it.

I have to admit that it has been a tremendous blessing to me! Why did I not listen sooner?! I've been in a women's small group for almost 2 years now. When summer came and I thought I'd be moving soon, I didn't pursue my current group any longer. I desperately missed that weekly accountability group! I missed sharing the word of Jesus! We chose a short study - only 6 weeks - just enough to get our feet wet. It's been fun to learn more about prayer. We have been doing When God's People Pray by Jim Cymbala The Brooklyn Tabernacle has been a huge inspiration to me in my prayer life! I'm so looking forward to the Fall when we will do a more in-depth bible study. I sure hope it's Beth Moore! I'm such a Beth Moore junkie!

No comments: