Friday, February 1, 2008

The Bucket List


Hubby and I rarely go out to the movies. If we actually get the chance to get out without the girls, we tend towards activities where we can talk to each other, since that is a rare treat during this season of our lives. Well tonight being Friday, meant we would have our Launch Team social. The "developed in years" members of our group seem to really like movies so tonight was a movie of their choosing. We went to see The Bucket List. Since we don't have a TV, we had to go online to see the trailer. It looked like it would be good. And it was definitely a thumbs up from most the the group (except Ms. Jen who had to be different : ) The basic premise of the movie is that two men find out they are dying and make a list of things they'd like to do before they "kick the bucket". It doesn't really have anything to do with what is going on with us right now directly. But in some ways it does. This move is forcing me to look at my life differently. If I had only 6 months left to live, would this be the way I wanted it to end? It certainly is. Serving others. Following Jesus. Being in relationships. Not accumulating more stuff. Not just living the cookie cutter lifestyle and living for myself. I highly recommend seeing the movie.

Afterwards was coffee at Starbucks and chit-chat. More my cup of tea. Or actually I had coffee tonight. I like to listen more than talk which is a good thing because we are quite the chatty group. I love these people! New team members joined this week as well and that is so exciting too!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

No one cares what you think...

(from one well developed in years)

Sonyia said...

You are just TOO funny!