Saturday, June 7, 2008

I'm Addicted

To the internet.

I've read that admission is the first step in the recovery process.

I'm over visiting with my parents. The first thing I did when I arrived was to go inside (they were sitting outside on their covered porch since it is so beautiful out) to get my Mom's laptop. In my defense, I did need to get some information off of it for my Mom. But here it is over an hour later, and I'm still on it.

I'm reading blogs. My Mom just came out and said "Sonyia, you are addicted!" Yes I am. I know it. I know what I need to do. But I just can't seem to do it. What is wrong with me?

Then I went back to blog reading. I can talk to my Mom and read at the same time. Not really but I attempt to do it. I am behind in my blog reading because I have attempted to set some limits on my PC time at home. So I justify that while my children are playing on the playground in the backyard, I can sit and watch them and read my blogs at the same time. Of course I just read Shannon's post at Rocks in My Dryer about her bloggy vacation. Maybe that is what I need.

No comments: