Monday, June 16, 2008

Plans to Prosper Me


I was doing my devotional reading this morning from Beth Moore's Praying God's Word Day by Day (A Year of Devotional Prayer) I would strongly suggest that if you are too busy to do anything else, to at least read a devotional type book first thing in the morning. It will be life changing. It will start your day off on the right front. As a busy mom to 3 little ones, if I don't get to anything else in my bible study, I at least read my devotional. This is the first thing that I read:

"I want to trust in You with all my heart and lean not on my own understanding; in all my ways I will acknowledge You, and You will make my paths straight (Prov. 3:5 - 6). For You know the plans You have for me, Lord. Plans to prosper me and not harm me, plans to give me a hope and a future (Jer. 29:11)"

That Proverbs verse has been given to me on almost a weekly basis for the past few months. I always seem to get it at just the right time : ) I found it was very interesting that that was the first thing I read today after my posting yesterday of my discouragement.

I pray to you Dear Lord that you will set me free to be everything that you have planned.

No comments: