Saturday, December 6, 2008

Miracle on 34th Street


Miracle on 34th Street is my #2 all time favorite Christmas movie. I watch it every single year. I had though that my Man watched it with me too. He reminded me that he DOESN'T.

Last night we went to the Redford Theatre with George and her family to see it. I thought everyone has seen this movie. It's a classic! Who hasn't seen it. Well not only had Pete not seen it, neither had they.

We met up for dinner at Outback Steakhouse for dinner before hand because they are one of the few restaurants around here that actually has a gluten free menu and don't look at you like you have 2 heads when you ask for one. When I walked into the place, I realized that we were a minority. I was not expecting that. It was an odd feeling. One that I'm getting used to little by little. This is how our baby is going to feel if we aren't intentional about the places that we go to.

The theatre is beautiful. It is old and historical. I've lived here all my life and I didn't know this place existed. They had a Santa in the lobby that the kids could visit and take pictures with. They had a village with moving people set up in front of the stage. They also had an organ and an organ player playing Christmas songs on it. They played a cartoon and the beginning and took an intermission. And it was only $4 per person! AND concessions were reasonable! We paid $13 for 3 pops, large popcorn, and 3 bags of candy. You can't get all that for that price at the regular theatre. That made it all the more enjoyable.

All in in all, it was a very fun night. The girls had a great time and I think Pete will watch it with me every year now.

They are playing The Sound of Music in the beginning of 2009. Again, these folks have not seen this classic either! I think we'll be planning another family movie night out there.

2 years ago I never would have imagined that I'd have become friends with George and her family. I've only known them for just over a year. I just love them! I can't imagine not doing life with them anymore. God's plan is always better than our own.

2 comments:

Living My Backward's Life (formerly A Michigander Grows in Brooklyn) said...

Did you think of me when you watched it????

Sonyia said...

I thought of all of the NY'ers when we watched it - wondering how many, if any, braved the weather to go to the parade. Adeana said she wanted to go see it next year and I replied that we'd surely come for a visit to see it too : )