Wednesday, December 3, 2008

New Community

New Community tonight was great! For one, we were able to see many of the kids we know at church perform on stage. They did a very cute Christmas number. It seemed shorter than normal and it must have been because we were out of service at 8 pm instead of the typical 8:30 pm on a performance night. K2 seemed a bit disappointed. She was thrilled to see her friends on stage but sad that she wasn't. It was the first time in that the girls watched instead of performed. We had thought we were going to be in NYC by this time so at the very last minute I un-enrolled the girls. Turns out we were here. It was still good for them to watch too and to realize that they can't always be on stage. I did sign them up for next session. We may not be here for performance night but I'm not going to plan that way. Since we don't know for sure, I'm just planning for what I do know and that is that we are here now. We maybe in China or NYC or Troy but I"m not worrying about that.

Second, the message was on our relationship with Christ. Steve Andrews did his message based on the book True Faced by Bill Thrall. Do we follow the road of trying to please God buy struggling with the door of effort and hang out in a room withe a bunch of people with masks on or do we follow the road of trusting God and hanging out in the room of grace where everyone is open and admits to being sinners but always knowing God is with them regardless. I have been following the road of trying to please Him. It's been hard lately. I've been feeling like I've failed Him in so many ways. This message was perfect timing for me. I'm getting on the road to trusting Him and knowing that He is with me and all my glorious faults. I'll still try to do the right things but I won't beat myself up as much thinking that I failed Him. I'll leave that for my earthly father to cope with.

No comments: