Thursday, December 18, 2008

Praise the Lord!

He has been so faithful to us and it is really starting to show up in ways that I never dreamed possible just a few years ago. Due to having our priorities in the wrong spot and some things not going the way that we thought they were going to, we got ourselves dug into some DEEP debt. In February of 2007 I felt Him nudge me to begin a fast of Diet Coke. I was and still am very addicted to it, specially fountain Diet Coke from McDonald's. I LOVE it! After almost 2 years, I still get cravings. When I have a bad day, that's all that I want to pick me up. I didn't know why at the time but I left that New Community service and began my fast. It was the first time that I truly tried to fast from anything. A few months into the fast He told me it was to last until we were out of credit card debt. I wanted to cry. Our debt was in the mid 5 digit range. It would be YEARS before I could have a Diet Coke again. Or so I thought. I see the light at the end of the tunnel and I'm sure it's not a train : )

One thing that I watch monthly is my FICO score. At this point in my life, I don't care what it is because I hope to not have to worry about getting credit again (as long as we can stick with Dave Ramsey's Financial Peace plan). Here is my snapshop from this morning of my FICO score tracking for the past 12 months. It has gone up from 662 in January 2008 to 750 in December of 2008. The highest you can have is 850. It is down from July because in August I closed one of my cards when I paid it off so my ratio of available debt to debt limit came down. That's a good thing as far as I'm concerned. Only one credit card left to pay off and we will be credit card debt FREE! But all to the glory of Him because we certainly could not have done this on our own.

FICO® Score Tracking


Track your score for each month that you've been a customer, up to one year.

662

632

626

737

744

740

760

725

720

721

741

750



Jan
08

Feb
08

Mar
08

Apr
08

May
08

Jun
08

Jul
08

Aug
08

Sep
08

Oct
08

Nov
08

Dec
08

Provided by: TransUnion
Updated on: Dec 01,2008

No comments: