Monday, October 13, 2008

Apt. #1










After spending 3 days (about 4 - 5 hours each day) with a broker, we've decided we don't want to pursue either of the 2 apartments that we thought we were deciding between. I'm glad we had enough sense to take the time to fly home and process it before putting in an application (which is about $100 - $200) per apartment. But just for fun I thought I'd post pictures of the 2 that we narrowed it down to. We'd move into either one of them if they were NO FEE but both have a fee and both have condo fees in addition to that. With the economy the way it is right now, I'm sure we can find something without a fee and without condo fees on top of that.

This is what is considered a 2 bedroom loft. However, there are not any walls separating the two bedrooms upstairs - only the staircase. This one is in Gramercy Park at 24th & Second. The kitchen was tiny. BUT it had LOTS of closet space. And the best thing was the private 12 x 12 patio and the AWESOME rooftop deck.

The neighborhood school was OK and George said she'd be OK with sending her son there. I think I'd be OK sending the girls there if we feel that is what we need to do next year. We are looking at what school district we are in because we are hopeful that we won't have to move next year and in case the girls end up going to school so that I can go back to work.




No comments: