Monday, September 29, 2008

I Must Be Getting Old

My Man will be happy to read that post title today. He has always teased me about being old because I am 1.5 years older than him. It has never bothered me. I don't mind getting older, really I don't. I love the knowledge that I gain as I get older. I love grower closer to God as I mature. Except for one thing. I realized this week-end that I don't have to go-go-go attitude that I once did. Just over this past year I am feeling 'aged'. I know I'm not old in the sense that my parents or in-laws are old, not even as old as T$ and Superstar : ) but old in the sense that I can't seem to take as much on as I once did.

A year ago I considered myself much a 'carschooler'. We did our 3Rs at home and then we were off to bible study, gymnastics, dance, ice skating, karate, serving opportunities, meetings, etc. We learned on the go. This year I've put the brakes on most of that. We spend a good portion of our day on Wednesday on the road doing these types of activities but otherwise we are homeschooling at home - not in the car.

A year ago I'd start 7, 8, or even 9 projects at once. In fact, a year ago is when I started the simplification, downsizing project, prepped our house for sale (that mean painting the kitchen cupboards, remodeling the bathroom, re-finishing the basement, painting all the bedrooms) finished up our adoption paperwork, started on the NYC journey, and was full swing into homeschooling. That wore me out just typing it!

Now just praying for the Communitas team and all that every single member is going through wears me out. I know part of it is Satan. He wants me to quit. To give up. To not rely on God. It's hard. I don't feel like I have the strength to do it. In fact, I know I don't. I know God has to lift me up because I can't do it alone.

Maybe I'm having an emotional week but maybe I'm getting old too.

No comments: