Sunday, November 16, 2008

Homeless BBQ


Due to the rain yesterday, the Homeless BBQ was re-scheduled to today. We were able to change our schedule around so that we could still attend. And I didn't serve. I was really bummed about that. As much as I complain to Superstar and George about it, I really look forward to doing it monthly. God works on my heart more and more each time we go. I had put a roast into the oven on HIGH so it would warm up quickly and when we were about 10 minutes from 2nd & Seldon, I realized I didn't have it. And I left it in the oven. So, I dropped my Man off with our other foods and headed back home to take it out so the house wouldn't blow up while we were gone. We live about 30 minutes from the park but it was snowing HARD so it took me 40 minutes each way. By the time I got back to the park, they were cleaning up.

On my way back I was praying and asking God what more could we do. He put an impression on my heart that we needed to do more than just show up with our soup & stew next month. But I didn't know what. While I was waiting for my Man to finish packing up the car, I had a few minutes to chat with T$. He has such a HUGE heart for the people of Hockeytown - unlike me. But God is working on me. He said he was feeling convicted about doing something for Detroit. I hadn't even told him about my chat with the Father on my way back. Cool! Maybe we could brainstorm something. We have a tentative plan. With God's provisions, we could bring Christmas Has a Face to 2nd & Seldon in a big way!

No comments: