Saturday, November 29, 2008

New Hair Styles




Just a bit over one year ago, I had my hair cut to donate to Children With Hair Loss. My brother in law's cousin is the Founder. They will take hair that has been dyed whereas most other foundations with not. Last year I still had a good chunk of hair that had been highlighted so I was happy to find out about them. This year all of my dyed hair is gone but having donated to them once already, I just thought it made sense to donate to them again. I digress. So after the girls watched me do it last year, they all wanted to do it too. So for the past year, all of us have been growing it out. It needs to be at least 8" (wet) in order to donate it. Mine is just barely that long but the girls was much longer (when wet). They have all been long ready to cut theirs but they were waiting for Mom to catch up. Today was the big day. All 4 of us went and got our hair hacked! And we all LOVE it! K#3 was not long enough to donate but she couldn't be left out all together. K#2 seemed to take it a little hard when she saw her ponytail but she quickly got over it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Fantastic!!! Such beauties. How wonderful to give of yourself in such a tangible way. A whole year of your life to help someone who needs your lovely tresses. Great job ladies. tmp