Friday, January 11, 2008

Missing Everyone Tonight

First, Happy Birthday to Drew! Not sure how old he turns but I know he's younger than me : )

Next, T$ left Mumma K home this week-end with two sick babies for a man's man week-end. I sure hope he has a good time while we are all hard at work on Sunday. Go visit him, he wrote a wonderful post about Mumma K.

We decided in December that we as a group would start to meet come January, twice per week. Friday as a fun sort of social where we could include our kiddos - we have 7 little ones (those under the age of 8) between us all and Sundays would be our work meetings.

So today was supposed to be our first "social" meeting. We haven't met in almost a month because of the holidays and vacations and the sort. Well we had it cancelled at the last minute last night. It's understandable with all that has been going on but I"m still sad. I was really looking forward to getting together with everyone. I don't want to sound whiny or needy but I depend on the support of that group to get me through rough weeks like I had this week. It wasn't a bad week - just a doubting week. I know to expect those but this one was long. Of course it was my man's first full week back at the office too since November. Although I just realized he worked at home two days this week. Maybe it's just that I can't get back into a routine since before the holidays began. So no meeting until Sunday and I miss everyone. And we are a chatty group. We only have 3 hours so I wonder how much actual work we'll get done since we have to get caught up with each other.

It is quite an eclectic group of people that are on the Launch Team so far but we seem to laugh our butts off every time we get together. We can always count on Fruit Salad now to give us something to laugh about if we run out of things : ) T$ calls the planting Pastor's Wife, Fruit Salad, on his blog. It's really all her fault that we going to NYC but that's another post in itself. She is one of the kindest, most Godly women I have met. I've met a lot of them over the past year and a half that I've been at Kensington (like Mumma K for sure) but she stands out. So I don't know if I can get away with calling her Fruit Salad. Besides, I totally can relate to her and how she got that nickname. But I don't want to get a nickname like that either : )

Guess I have no excuse not to get to work on the touch up paint on the kitchen cupboards tonight ....


No comments: