Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Shrewd as Snakes but as Innocent as Doves


So I'm reading my Beth Moore (A Woman's Heart - God's Dwelling Place) homework today. Not a good thing to do when you are tired but when there is A LOT of reading to do and I"m behind, I had to do it while I could steal the time. So here's what I'm reading about today:

Matt 10:16 "I am sending you out like sheep among wolves. Therefore be as shrewd as snakes and as innocent as dove." NICE!

"Maintaining purity in ministry is the result of nothing less than deliberate devotion. For those really fulfilling their calling of evangelism and ministry, purity is neither easy nor accidental. We must guard our minds and put on our armor. A war wages out there. And we are Satan's favorite prisoners."

Then she asks:

IN the world but not OF the world. As shrewd as snakes but as innocent as doves.

ARE YOU UP TO IT? I don't know if I am but I sure as heck am planning to give it all that I've got. With HIS help of course!

No comments: