Thursday, May 1, 2008

There Is More To The Story

There is more to the parking lot story. Most of it is deeply personal so I didn't intend to share it all. I will share just a little bit more.

I, like many broken people I suppose, often doubt that God will be there with me forever, no matter what, in any and every situation. I should have learned better from my Daniel studies, to know that even though God doesn't always choose to deliver us from the fire, that He will at a minimum be with us as we go through the fire. This doubt most often comes when I am not spending my quiet time with Him in the morning before I start my days. And I feel it through out the day too. It's as if the enemy puts a few extra coals on the fire for me especially.

But my point is this. Every time I pull into a parking lot, I fully expect God not to be there. It is my own flesh that doesn't have enough faith. Every time I pull into a parking lot, HE IS THERE. This is Him reminding me that He will always be there. He will never let me down. He will never disappoint. I'm still constantly amazed at His faithfulness - at His love for me - His love for someone that doesn't serve His forgiveness, His blessings, nor His love. He is flawless.

I look forward to walking with Him in NYC - just not too far : )

No comments: