Wednesday, April 30, 2008

He Hasn't Released Us Yet

Understandably so, I keep getting asked, "So when do you move?" Um, hate to sound like a moron but I don't know. I've said this before time and again, only God knows and He hasn't shared much with us lately. I should cherish it as a change from the "When are you going to get Baby K from China?" I am honored and humbled that so many care to even inquire.

I realized last week that our work here is not finished. I don't know what that looks like exactly either. I know my Man has more unfinished work than I do : )

I've been focused on the 'there' instead of the 'here and now'. I knew this but didn't want to admit it but as a couple we were not ready to leave yet. We will face many challenges once we move. If we don't have a solid grounding for our marriage, we won't last in NYC for long NOR will we be able to accomplish what He plans to do through us. We are getting there : ) Faster than I could have imagined.

We both have other relationships that need to be fostered more. We need to close some doors on relationships whose season has come and gone. That is hard to admit to needing to do with someone. It's even harder to do once you admit it. The passage at the end of today's post pointed a lot of things out to me.

We were both (more me than he) still not relying on Him to take care of things. We both still thought we had our own agendas to work through. Not so much any more.

I feel it's getting closer but not yet. He still hasn't released us to go. Look out when He does!

I sit here and write this wide awake at 2:30 am because I just can't fall asleep. He's sifted me more and more and more!

As a team, we are reading and journaling from the same book of the bible. This week we are in 1 John 12 - 17. It sure is speaking to me right now! Here is the passage:

NIV (from last week) 9Anyone who claims to be in the light but hates his brother is still in the darkness. 10Whoever loves his brother lives in the light, and there is nothing in him[c] to make him stumble. 11But whoever hates his brother is in the darkness and walks around in the darkness; he does not know where he is going, because the darkness has blinded him.


I have some issues of forgiveness that I need to deal with real soon. I've been avoiding it for as long as I can. I don't think He's going to release us until I do.

From this week we read:

12I write to you, dear children,
because your sins have been forgiven on account of his name.
13I write to you, fathers,
because you have known him who is from the beginning.
I write to you, young men,
because you have overcome the evil one.
I write to you, dear children,
because you have known the Father.
14I write to you, fathers,
because you have known him who is from the beginning.
I write to you, young men,
because you are strong,
and the word of God lives in you,
and you have overcome the evil one.
Do Not Love the World
15Do not love the world or anything in the world. If anyone loves the world, the love of the Father is not in him. 16For everything in the world—the cravings of sinful man, the lust of his eyes and the boasting of what he has and does—comes not from the Father but from the world. 17The world and its desires pass away, but the man who does the will of God lives forever.

No comments: