Wednesday, April 30, 2008

It's His Battle - Not Mine

I am sitting here in the recliner at 4:21 am unable go to sleep. I can't sleep because I have so much on my mind. I've tried to type it out in separate blog posts in an effort to get it out and let it go. But yet I am still awake. Tired but I can't sleep. A few minutes ago I thought I would try again. I snoozed the laptop and closed my eyes. Nothing. Just a racing mind. So back again to the computer hoping I will have some email to read to distract me. Surely I'm not the only one up at this hour. There it is. Today's Purpose Driven Life email. This is what I read:

"
“But you will not even need to fight. Take your positions; then stand still and watch the Lord’s victory. He is with you, O people of Judah and Jerusalem. Do not be afraid or discouraged. Go out there tomorrow, for the Lord is with you!” 2 Chronicles 20:17 (NLT)"

What the Lord is so obviously reminding me is that the battles are His, not mine. I need to let Him fight them. Rick Warren goes on to explain even further "
The day you resign as General Manager of the Universe, you’re going to find that it doesn’t fall apart. You can relax in faith, trusting that God is able to run things without your help."

Then he adds:

"
You stand firm on two things:
  • The character of God – He’s faithful. He does not bring us this far just to let us down. He doesn’t bring you out on a limb and then cut off the limb. Have faith in the nature and character of God.
  • The truth of his Word – God’s Word is faithful. You can count on the promises found in the Bible.

Stand still. Remember Who the battle belongs to. Trust that he is able to deliver you. And then watch him do it!"

I'm going to meditate on that and see if it helps me to fall asleep, resting in the fact that He will handle it all.

No comments: