Friday, January 9, 2009

Frugal Friday


One of my goals for 2009 is to take even better control of our grocery/toiletries spending. When I was keeping Frugal in Manhattan up to date, it was easier for me to do that. I had all of you (all 1 of my followers : ) to keep me accountable. Keeping up with this blog and the adoption blog is hard enough, let alone another one. So I have decided that for now, I'll just post once a week on this blog about what I'm doing to keep that in better check.

I've made 2 trips to CVS so far this week. I'm going to try to make a third one tomorrow if I can fit it in with another outing. I didn't think to take a picture of my first trip but I did remember today. I did much better earlier in the week but I still did OK today.

My favorite resource for finding the best weekly deals is Money Saving Mom and Keeping the Kingdom First for her weekly $5 CVS challenge for beginners.

Here is what I bought today:

1 Garnier shampoo $2.99 (FREE after coupons and ECB earned)
2 Tylenol Childrens @ $5.50
2 Tylenol Infants @ $5.50 (spend $20 in select Tylenol products and earn $10 ECB)

Total before coupons and ECB (extra care bucks) $31.46

Used:
2 $2.50/2 Tylenol coupon
1 $1.00 Garnier coupons
$14.77 in ECB

($6.00 coupons used and $14.77 ECB)
Bold
Total out of pocket spent $4.83

Earned $12 ECB ($2 Garnier and $10 Tylenol) for next visit

I've budgeted myself $5 per week to use at CVS/Walgreens/Rite Aid

Noteworthy - just this week I earned $60 at Rite Aid and $25 at Walgreens for transferring my prescriptions around. I have many of these pharmacies around my home so switching them was no more work for me to do and earned me a total of $85 in more FREE stuff. This will come quite in handy now that I have to begin buying diapers again!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Well I'm following your CVS deals. I see people doing this all the time but seem to lack the motivation to figure it all out. I do plan my coupons around grocery sales and target sales and usually do VERY well. That being said some of the CVS bargains I see are just crazy.