Thursday, January 1, 2009

Scripture Memorization

I have never been good at memorization of much of anything. I can read things and learn to understand them and then explain them in my own terms but rarely recite something back word for word. As part of the girls' school curriculum they are memorizing all sorts of different scriptures. They already have memorized more than I know.

On the LPM blog, they are going to work at memorizing 24 scriptures together this year. (1 every 2 weeks - to memorize or at least mediate on) I have been feeling like I this is something that I need to do since August but haven't done it. Now that I have others to be accountable to, I'm going to make it a goal of mine for this year.

Here is this weeks' verse:

Isaiah 33:6 (New International Version)

6 He will be the sure foundation for your times,
a rich store of salvation and wisdom and knowledge;
the fear of the LORD is the key to this treasure.

No comments: