Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Coincidence?

Early this morning I dropped KK off at the NWA terminal at Detroit Metro Airport. She is going to NYC for the next 5 days. KK doesn't have a plan other than asking God to re-confirm his calling on her life and spend a lot of quality time with Him. We know she's been called but it is sometimes hard to keep that focus when you are still here in Michigan, dealing with everyday life, and trying to find Joy in TODAY.

I was a bit jealous or more like envious. I texted Superstar as I was leaving to tell her this and she was kind enough to remind me that jealousy is a sin. Thanks for the support Sister! I really do love her still. Many people have gone back and forth between here and NYC for various reasons, including the final move there. None of those instances has impacted me. Maybe this time it did impact me because it was KK and we've become good friends over the past few months. It was the first time that I felt a part of my heart leaving me. Sure, I've wanted to move for quiet a few months now but only because we are out of our own house. This time, I had a longing to go 'home'. I haven't really ever felt that way about NYC.

So as I was driving home I prayed to Father God. It was the first time in awhile that I was alone with Him without any children needing anything from me for almost an hour. I prayed my usual prayers of praise and thanksgiving and went through my normal laundry list of things I would like Him to help me with. Then I said, God, we are still here in Michigan. I know from your confirmations that you want us to go to NYC. We've been ready to go for almost 6 months now. Obviously You want us here for a reason. Please show me why. Please show me what it is You want me to do. What is Your will for me right now? What am I not doing that I need to be doing for You? I went on with this conversation for at least 15 minutes. Then an Explorer pulls right in front of me with a license plate that read "God Mn 1" Hmm. Then I get off the freeway and see a sign that read "Begin each day by asking the Lord what is His will for you that day". Hmm. Answers to my questions or coincidence?

I know I have been slacking in my quiet time with Him. Pete and I actually made a pact on Sunday to get up together at 6 am everyday (week-ends too) and spend quiet time with Him. Monday didn't go so well but the last two days were better. We've committed to each other to get back on the track that we seem to have fallen off of this summer.

K#2 asked me yesterday why we haven't been doing our morning reading together. She always gets up first and we try to read a bible story together before the other girls wake up. Being the middle child, I am trying to make an intentional effort to spend quality time with her so she doesn't get lost in the shuffle. Her reminder was additional motivation that I need to do this.

No comments: