Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Schooling for the Fall

It's that time of year again. Back to school time. Many of my friends look forward to this time of year. Time to send the kids back to school! Time to let their teachers handle them all day. Not me. I look forward to this time of year as a renewal. Renewed thanksgiving to the Lord that gave me the passion to home-school my children. Thankful to the Lord for putting it on my Man's heart to allow me to give this a try.

We are into our second year of homeschooling now. I wouldn't trade it for any other job. (Please feel free to remind me of this around November : ) I'm not a perfect teacher teaching perfect children. But with the Lord's strength and guidance, we are doing the best that we can. I cherish everyday that I have to have my children home with me. Not at school, preschool, or daycare. But home with me. It may not always be this way either, but for now, I am blessed.

The Lord says:
Proverbs 22:6 "6 Train a child in the way he should go,
and when he is old he will not turn from it."

I read this verse every single day, reminding me of what I am commanded to do.

Now back to the library website to check-out the books that we will need for September.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You are the best teacher these girls will ever have, because you care just as much about their heart and motives of their heart as you do their 3 rs. Enjoy the adventure. tmp