Tuesday, August 5, 2008

K#2 Birthday Week


This year, K#2 6th birthday falls on Friday. Pete and I will be at the Leadership Summit until 630 pm that day. So, a little parental guilt on my part. I have never yet not spent the entire day with one of the girls on the birthdays. When I realized this conflict, I asked K#2 if it would be OK if I still went to the Summit but we would go out to dinner for her birthday to the restaurant of her choosing. We rarely go out to eat and if we do, it's normally breakfast or lunch because it's cheaper and quicker. She of course chose Chuck E Cheese's (Or Chuck E Diseases as I prefer to call it).

Aunt Sue and Uncle Jeff won't be around all week-end because Uncle Jeff has a race this week-end. We invited them over tonight for a special birthday dinner with K#2. She has now deemed it her birthday week and is all aglow in the glory. I guess this makes up for being the middle child. Whens she is older and lists all of the ways she was slighted, I can refer her back to her birthday week. Tomorrow night is off to Nanu and Papa's for a sleep-over and special birthday dinner with them. More presents too.

Here is a quick video of her cake and the blowing out of the candle. She said the candle stunk and she just wanted it blow it out the entire time. Check out the cake - it is a chocolate mouse cake with a chocolate basket of chocolate covered strawberries on top of it. I had it so together today that I didn't bother to realize it was a chocolate mouse cake and had it sitting out for a bit today while I started dinner and made room for it to fit into the fridge. It caved in a bit ....



No comments: