Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Prayer Band


"Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you shall find; knock and the door will be opened to you. For everyone who asks receives; he who seeks finds; and to him who knocks, the door will be opened." Matthew 7:7,8

"Let us then approach the throne of grace with confidence, so that we may receive mercy and find grace to help us in our time of need." Hebrews 4:16

The Pastor Jim Cymbala and The Brooklyn Tabernacle has been very inspirational in my transforming prayer life. I have a new belief and understanding in the power of prayer like never before. I am even a member of the Communitas Prayer Team - something that I never envisioned for myself.

The Brooklyn Tabernacle has a Prayer Band that meets at the church, 24 hours per day, 7 days per week, all year long. They prayer over all prayers that come in via telephone, email, and mail for 30 days. That is amazing to me! On their website, you can submit a prayer request for them to pray for. I've known about this for a few months now but haven't asked for their prayers. Today, I am feeling like I need all the prayer that I can get so I've asked them to pray for me/us. That is a big step for me. If you feel that you need additional prayer, you can go to their website here to submit a request:

http://www.brooklyntabernacle.org/site/PageServer?pagename=BT_PrayerRequest

They also asked that you report back at a later date with Thanksgiving to the Lord. Answered prayers are always motivational to hear about.

As it says in Matthew 17:20-21, "For truly I tell you, if you have faith the size of a mustard seed, you will say to this mountain, ‘Move from here to there,’ and it will move; and nothing will be impossible for you.”

No comments: