Monday, August 18, 2008

Date Night



What do Panera, Kensington, Starbucks, and Staples have to do with each other? They spell out a perfect date night with my Man.

Some couples do dinner and a movie. Others go to the bar and have a few drinks. We have a perfectly light dinner, go to church, have a relaxing Chai afterwards and chat, and cap it off with a browse through the local office supply store. Not exciting to most, but perfect for us.

We dropped the girls off at my parents house on Saturday after we left the homeless BBQ in Detroit. I asked hubby where he wanted to have dinner and he said somewhere that he could have a good salad (never mind that I had spent a fortune the day before at the fruit market buying all the fixins' for a perfect salad and had them at home) So we headed to Panera and he ordered a Fandago salad. I interrupted his ordering and said, minus the gorgonzola. We stepped down to watch them prepare our food and I had to ask the girl if she was going to put those walnuts on that salad and of course she replied yes. I had to ask her to leave them off. We grabbed our food and sat down. Pete looked down at a plate of greens and oranges. He said, "Not what I had in mind for a good salad tonight." So sad. It is really difficult for us to eat out anymore. I don't know why we even bother. Realistically though, a restaurant that is know for it's BREADS is probably not the place we should be eating - even if we are just having salad. Mark that restaurant off the list. One nice thing though is that more and more restaurants are becoming sensitive to food allergies and some like Outback and Chilli's, have a gluten free menu. It's basically plain meat without any seasonings, but at least it's a start.


Staples isn't so exciting. This I know. But, we're nerds and we LOVE office supplies! Pete likes to look at new pens and I'm all about looking at new pretty notebooks and organizers. We actually did need to go there to buy a box to ship something I sold on amazon so that gave us a good excuse to go there.

No comments: