Saturday, August 30, 2008

Date Night AGAIN


Tonight my Man and I had ANOTHER date night! That is like 2 in a month for us! Record breaking really. We are praying that it was the last time that we have time for one before we move. Having big faith here.

We were supposed to drop the girls off at my parents at 5:30 pm but my Mom called me around 1:00 pm and suggested that I drop them off early so that they had time to play before dinner. So of course we obliged them and dropped them off at 3:00 pm. We were meeting our friends for dessert until 6:00 pm so we had some time to kill. Being the romantics that we are, we went to Meijer for some groceries since it was right were we were needing to be to meet the Popps. Unfortunately Meijer may have a large organic selection but their gluten free products are few and far between. Still time to kill so we tried Kroger. I knew they had at least one full aisle of gluten free/organic products. But I was watching the prices now that I am on a VERY tight grocery budget. I didn't buy a thing. We'll stop tomorrow at Whole Foods after church. Most people think WF is high priced. And I wouldn't argue that. On most things. But when something is on sale, they are reasonable. But I digress.

Since we were meeting at Starbucks for dessert, we decided to try Pei Wei for dinner. YUM-O! And they have a gluten free menu. Dinner was delicious and I had enough left-overs to bring home for lunch tomorrow. After dinner we met the Popps at Starbucks for tea and dessert. We haven't seen them in ages so it was nice to get together. We chatted for THREE hours. I guess we had a lot to catch up on.

I don't put any stock in 'fortune cookies'. But God does speak to me in unusual places. I've had a very rough week this past week. A lot of ups and downs re: the move to NYC. Tonight this was my fortune:

"Your eyes will soon be opened to a world full of beauty, charm, and adventure"

What a nice way to end my evening.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

HOORAY for date nights. So glad you enjoyed a night with your man.