Thursday, August 7, 2008

Leadership Summitt


Today and tomorrow I am spending the day at the Leadership Summitt being hosted by our home church, Kensington Community Church in Troy. It was the best 8 hours I've spent in a long time (it might even beat out the Beth Moore event from last week-end but it'll be close) I've wanted to attend for the past couple of years but have not. For 1) I've never considered myself a leader and 2) It is $119 for the 2 days. It is WELL worth the money but still, it is money spent. Last year hubby attended and it was the start of major changes in our lives.

A few friends are attending as well. When I talked about it with my prayer partner, I got very excited about going. But alas, the funds. How could I justify as we tried to get ready to leave for NYC. Then I bit the bullet and registered. Then a VERY generous friend offered to pay for half of my registration fee! How could I pass that up? I did try but she insisted so I let her bless me. It has been one of the best gifts that I have ever received. I can't wait until tomorrow to see what else we will learn.

I'm still processing all of the sessions from today but I just can't get over what a wonderful experience it has been!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sweet.
The summit has also been life altering for Timm and I. It was the start of EVERYTHING last year. I'm a spoiled rotten brat because I got to attend for FREE!!!! But, really I appreciate it a ton. It leaves me inspired, challenged, and down right guilt stricken to hear all of the amazing things people are doing in our world. It makes me want to go out and save everyone, cure all injustices, and convert every person I see into a fully devoted follower of Jesus. That is a daunting task, so instead I settle for sitting around feeling sorry for my lame a*# and doing NOTHING! HA! So glad you were blessed by a friend, and able to go!