Friday, July 25, 2008

Finding Joy In Today


Monday was a good day. Not much went as planned but yet it was still a good day. I was a bit grumpy Sunday so I was hoping I would not be so much Monday. School went very well with the girls this morning. That always seems to set the tone for the rest of the day. Then I headed over to my parents house to spend the afternoon. My Man had his monthly men’s small group gathering tonight which meant he wasn’t going to be home for dinner. Dinner and showers generally go better when I’m at my parents. I LOVE my Momma’s spaghetti! YUM-O. My parents are super helpful in getting the girls ready for bed too so that when I get home, all I have to do is put them to bed.

I also wanted to put a few things on eBay for my Mom which would be easier to do over there because the girls have a great time playing outside on the playground in their back yard. I took my laptop so I could get the work done. Additionally I brought a few books to do some reading and journaling. NONE of that happened! I packed and lugged all of that over there for no reason. Better over-prepared than under-prepared in my book.

My friend S from the Launch Team had asked me if I would help her with a budget for NYC. She is a young enthusiastic single woman. She is only 23 and giving up her comfortable life here to follow God’s calling on her life. At 23, there is NO WAY I’d be doing what she is doing. I am in awe of her courage and strength. S came by my parents just after I had gotten there and finished up lunch. I thought it would be 20 mins and S would high tail it out of there to get away from my crazy kiddos! No chance though! She loves the girls. She loves all kids I think. She has such a big heart for kids and the homeless and just people in general. It was wonderful for be able to spend a few hours with her just chatting and getting to know her. I felt so blessed to be able to hear her heart and get to know her better. Spending time with S was far more valuable than selling stuff on eBay. That stuff will still be there tomorrow.

No comments: