Sunday, July 13, 2008

(Not) FULL of Faith

So my Man leaves Tuesday at about 6 am to head to NYC for 2 days. He'll be there all day Tuesday and Wednesday to interview with a small start up company for s Sr. Client Solutions Engineer position. The story behind this is a post worthy of it's own on another day. It is a young start up which means there is potential for a lot of growth. He's had 4 phone interviews with 5 people so far including the CEO. This is definitely God inspired.

BUT, here's typical Sonyia. I've put all of my eggs into this basket so to speak. I've asked everyone that I know to pray specifically that he gets this job and that this job pays enough for us to move. See, we don't even know what the salary range is. We just know that if he gets this job, it is THE job that the Lord wants him to have so the pay is not as important as if it is the right job for him. That much faith I do have.

After asking for prayers for that, I've moved on to ask that if this is not THE job, that the Lord protects me from insanity because I just know I'll feel hopeless if this is not the job. I mean, it's the only thing he's got going so far. It takes AT LEAST 6 weeks to get anything else moving. Plus there is the cost of flying there, hotel (but we do have dear friends that have offered to put him up for free but we can't count on taking advantage of them multiple times over), taxi, subway, food, etc.

While meeting with my women's small group and making this prayer request, K said, "Well God still does miracles. HE can orchestrate another job opportunity, THE job, very quickly if it is HIS will." Yeah, I know all that but I'm still fighting my self to have that faith.

Then I come home that evening to find out from my Man that he had lunch with a Director in another department that happens to have a job opening that he thinks Pete should take a look at. Pete takes a look at it once he gets home. The Director wants the position filled with someone on site in Farmington Hills but he's not locked into that. It could possibly be done remotely - as in from our apartment in NYC. The position oversees their off-shore developers in India. Oh, did you know I have this strange attraction to India? I don't know why. I thought that last year before we heard the call to NYC, that Pete's job then would take us there. The pay would most likely remain the same but he would keep his AWESOME benefits like 5 weeks of vacation, 7 sick days, 12 holidays, adoption assistance, 401k match, etc. etc. etc. Did I say he had awesome benefits? Oh yeah, and we have a small loan out on his 401k that is instantly due in full upon his termination so we have to keep that dollar amount in the back of our minds as coming due or paying taxes and penalties on it which we just do not want to do. So, yes, GOD could perform a miracle and line up another job quite quickly if this is not the job for him.

Only HE knows and HE will only tell us in HIS timing. Patience. Patience. Patience. Did you know I am lacking in patience?

No comments: