Sunday, July 27, 2008

More Reading AGAIN!


Either skip this because it is more of the same theme “WAIT” or continue if you still need more encouragement like I obviously do.

Todays Reading:
WORK THE WAIT
How I Make the Most of God’s Delays
Excerpted from July/Aug 2008 Today’s Christian Woman

I couldn’t help but wonder, How much longer, God?
As I contemplated my life’s many delays, I realized I don’t like waiting - and I’m not very good at it. But I wanted to grow during my waiting seasons rather than become bitter or lose faith. So I asked God to show me how he’s working through these divine delays.

Sometimes, a wait seems to have no apparent reason. The delay is simply the product of a sin - ravaged world.

God meets us through the waiting journey in ways beyond those originally asked or imagined. And he lovingly reminds us He can redeem any situation.

Strangely, it’s in the bleakest waiting moments that God’s intervention manifests itself most clearly. Sometimes, those miracles are glamorous. We received the perfect job, the physical healing, the necessary funds - and the wait is over.

But other times, God does the miracle in us. Waiting seasons are painful. But know that God is at work, and he won’t waste your heartaches. Even if He doesn’t make your situation any better, He’ll make you better through them.

Often a wait seems long when life doesn’t unfold according to our agendas. But sometimes God has amazing reasons for a delay. Recall the story of Lazarus’s resurrection from John 11. God sometimes doesn’t give us what we request so He can give us something better. Jesus said the death of Lazarus “4happened for the glory of God so that the Son of God will receive glory for this.” “35Jesus wept”. He hurt because he saw Mary and Martha’s pain. He aches and walks with us to help us navigate our fractured world. And when we feel alone in our wait, he promises “Never will I leave you; never will I forsake you’ Hebrews 13:5

I wait, I’m careful not merely to mark time, so preoccupied with what’s next that I miss out on what’s now. I’m striving to wait well. And part of waiting well, I’ve learned, is being open to God’s lessons about redemption, trust, compassion, and his higher purposes along the way.

Allow the Holy Spirit into your personal waiting room. God is still God no matter what the outcome of your current situation is.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey, it seems like maybe God is screaming at both of us about the "waiting time". Did you read my blog today? THen I read yours, and think "here we go again, when God wants to tell me something, he really wants to tell me!"