Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Leaving This? Wordless (well, maybe just a few words) Wednesday


This is a quickie shot of my 3 princess playing in their tiny inflatable pool in the back yard. This pool is so tiny! But yet they have a blast every single time I let them fill it up. They have more fun filling it up and emptying it out (by taking bucket fulls of water out and watering the flowers with it so as not to be so wasteful of our water resource) than they do playing in it. I’m sitting here just a few feet away in the kitchen at the table typing on my laptop in the air conditioning watching them. I’m very close in case of an accident. But they get to have a great time and I don’t have to be hot : ) This is the convenience of suburbia that we are leaving behind. It is one of the things that we will surely miss. In NYC, if we want to play in the water, it will take much more effort. Backing up a bag of drinks, snacks, etc. to take with us while we walk to what hopefully will be the close neighborhood pool. One plus though to NYC pools, they are FREE! Not the $8 per person I’m going to pay later in the day to go to our old community pool in Troy. Wonder what my property tax money goes towards here???

No comments: