Monday, July 21, 2008

Still No Job

Today my Man had an unofficial interview with a Director in another department with his current employer. Unofficial because they are peers (although D has a job title higher than my Man’s) D is sort of an internal customer of Pete’s. Don’t worry if that doesn’t make sense to you. It doesn’t make sense to me either but that is how he explained it to me. My Man didn’t see the point in even applying for it if D would not understand God’s plan for us. Although we don’t know the full details of the plan, we are still confident that at some point in the future, God wants us in NYC. We are just doing our best to enjoy the here and now and not worry about when exactly in the future that is. But I digress. Pete said it went well enough that he’s going to officially apply. D is comfortable with him doing the job remotely from NYC at some point. Again, very iffy as to when that might be. What does this mean? We don’t know. This might be the job or it might not be. This might give Pete more technical experience for a future job. It might just be something that will lead to something else or just something to keep me hoping until the right job does come along. I will say this for sure though, it feels comforting to know that it would be possible for us to not have to worry about COBRA and all those other wonderful benefits possibly going away. Because, having an HR background, I definitely factor in the ‘cost’ of those benefits into his salary. Having a company paid for cell phone, laptop, adoption assistance, bonus, etc. are all nice perks that don’t necessarily come as easily as they once did.

I’m just taking a short break from my reading tonight. This is what I just finished reading:

GOD is Always Working (that was the title for the days devotional)

The Bible says that God’s Word works in those who believe it. So no matter what you see today, believe that God is working on your breakthrough.

No comments: