Saturday, July 19, 2008

Wait Longer


All week long in my quiet time, God told me to wait. Wait for what? I was very perplexed. After all, Pete had what appeared to be a final interview set up in NYC. It was surely God inspired. It didn’t make sense otherwise. I had us all packed up and ready to move over Labor Day week-end. Maybe that was the problem. The Lord had other plans. Plans that were not MY plans. We STILL don’t know what they are. But we are sure that there are plans. Still waiting on God’s perfect timing. It’s a good thing we can trust Him to work this all out for us because otherwise, I’m sure we would have mucked it all up by now. Now that we know this job was NOT the job for My Man, I know what the Lord meant by “Wait”. He was trying to prepare me for what was to come.

July 9 Wednesday evening at prayer group, the Lord said:

Not My Will
“The act of praying for what I want is like a child asking her father for what she wants. This is faith’s legitimate activity. Sometimes a father responds with a no. If God denies us what we want now, it is because He plans to give us something far better in the future. The will of God is always a better thing. But by asking specifically for what we want, now allows for the occasion for us to say “Not my will but thine be done.” His will is invariably the best thing for not only my life, but for those in my family as well.

July 10 Thursday morning women’s small group, the Lord said:
Wait …
“Those who wait on the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings like eagles.” Isaiah 30:31 NKJV

Noah had to wait 120 years before the flood came.
Joshua had to wait 7 days until God brought the walls down.
Mary waited 9 months for Jesus’ birth.
Mary and Martha waited for Jesus to come to Bethany.
Jesus waited 3 days in the tomb for resurrection.

A person who lives in submissive obedience to Christ Jesus is a person who is often called to wait.
Take a moment to pray and ask God for HIS direction. Then wait until He answers you.

July 12 Reading
Praying and Waiting NIV Mom’s Devotional Bible
Habakkuk 2:1”I will stand at my watch and station myself on the ramparts; I will look to see what he will say to me, and what answer I am to give to this complaint.” Like a guard who waits through his watch with eyes peeled for a sign of movement, Habakkuk waited for God.

So must we. We must pray with a willingness to wait and wait with a willingness to pray. Waiting and praying go together. Like two shoes or a pair or two halves of a whole, they work as a team.

No comments: